We Voted Yes!
Gana-A’Yoo shareholders voted in support of opening enrollment! Our tabulators certified the election results of 84.1% in favor of the ballot initiative creating a new class of shares for eligible descendants of original shareholders. We are preparing for a start date in late November 2022 to begin enrollment.
Once enrollment is open, applicants will be required to submit the following documents:
- Class E application.
- Original birth certificate; note that an original birth certificate is the only document that will be accepted. An original birth certificate can be obtained by contacting your local vital statistics office.
- If adopted by one or both parents, an adoption form must also be completed.
- Certificate of Indian Blood or Tribal Enrollment specifying Alaska Native blood quantum.
Additional documents, if applicable, include:
- Proof of name change, if the name is different than listed on the birth certificate.
- Proof of custodianship, if not a biological or adoptive parent.
- Paternity affidavit, if the father is not listed on the child’s birth certificate.
- Adoption court order, if adopted by one or both parents. Documents must show the biological parent(s) name(s).
In all instances, the shares must have been received directly from the Corporation and not through gifting or inheritance.
These shares are life estate. Shares are non-voting until the shareholder is 18 years of age. New shares will be awarded up to 100,000 additional shares or a timeframe of 10 years, whichever comes first.
Learn more by reading: Open Enrollment Q&A
Questions? Please write firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A natural-born child or adoptee of a Native who is at least one-quarter Alaska Native blood quantum, as defined by the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (“ANCSA”) who was an original shareholder of Class A, B, C, or D Settlement Common Stock of the Corporation, or the natural born child or adoptee of a shareholder of new Class E Settlement Common Stock.
- A Native (as defined by ANCSA) with a minimum of ¼ degree blood quantum Born after December 18, 1971.
- A citizen of the United States.
- Cannot be the holder of the stock of another ANCSA village corporation unless such shares were received through gift or inheritance.